Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fruitland Sleeping Arrangements

At the last Fruitland weekend, we discussed some of my quirks. For example, I really like sleeping on the couch. It just so happens that this couch is also the same one that an elderly family member passed away on. I figure he must have had good taste because that couch is super comfy (although, I am slowly becoming more and more inclined to the one in the tv room).
Why not sleep in the guest room? I know. I have heard that query many times, and here is my answer: the doll. The old doll of Consuelo's, the one without the eyes, is so creepy that I can't sleep there. The first time I slept there it was sitting on a chair facing me the whole night. It was so disturbing that the next night I put it in the closet and pulled the closet doors shut. I know it sounds odd, but, yes, I find the doll so creepy that I would rather sleep on a couch upstairs, where someone else never woke up, than in the guest room with that doll. Besides, if the doll really did ever become posessed and try to kill me, I think I would rather die on the couch. It's super comfy.

3 comments:

stewedslacker said...

Joe, I hate to break it to you, but the couch in the TV room IS the one that you like that used to be in the family room. The same one that Grandpa Sweat died on. So yeah, I am with you, if it wasn't for the fact that my mom recieved that doll in Chile when she was little and SUPER poor, I would have burned it long ago. It is freaky.

The Rage said...

The couch is a better pick out of all of the choices. Don't get me wrong, love the guest room, but it has some quirks. The Doll, the freezingness (it is never warm) and the bed is lopsided and makes me motion sick sometimes. Other than that? Love it.

stewedslacker said...

Will this blog ever be updated? Doubtful.