Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What to do?

I just crunched some numbers and found out that if I want to get my secondary teaching license (35 credits) and a job, I would also need 1. a teaching major: History (6 more credits) 2. a teaching minor English (a whopping 21 more credits) and an optional 3. teaching minor: German (25 credits). This is about another 3 years of college, which would bring my total collegiate experience to 7 (seven) years. I would think that after 7 years of college I should be close to a doctorate degree, or be someone cool like Vanwilder, not a high school teacher.
That would be 7 years of school for the starting pay of about 20,000 a year. Awesome. On the other hand, I didn't do so hot on the GRE so I have to wait at least another year before I can go into grad school. So what am I going to do with that year? I wonder what it would take to be an airline steward. If movies are anything to judge real life by, it seemed super easy for David Spade and Chris Farley in "Tommy Boy". And it would help me with my wander-lust. I guess that only leaves one other choice: winning the lottery.

4 comments:

Shane said...

well if you decide to be in school that long i will be there with ya. Screw growing up is what i say! I got an idea, we go to europe and pick up some european chicks! eh! eh!

Shane said...

oh and one other thing.. mile high club. think about it

stewedslacker said...

Here is an idea, give up on school and become a gigalo in a foriegn country. Red hair, I bet you could make a bundle.

Joe said...

I think that the crazy dictator from the movie "Last King of Scotland" said it best when he said, "Red hair might drive your women wild, but here in Africa we think it's disgusting". even though he was nuttier than squirel poo, he got that right.