Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm.......going to Hell...

I came to this realization after studying for my history class today. We were assigned a book about public memory of the American Civil War between the end of the war and the 50 year anniversary. Good stuff. Then I thought to myself, "how can I call myself a good history student, if I have never heard Martin Luther King Jr's 'I have a Dream' speech in its entirety?" So, I got on Youtube and watched it. Then, I ended up watching episodes of the Boondocks. I watched the one where Martin Luther King Jr chastises the people, which led to the one where Uncle Ruckus is a preaches about White Jesus. So, recap--I went from reading/watching clips promoting humanity and respect, to watching pretty much the exact opposite.

Maybe I should go back to reading about Scottish history...........

1 comment:

stewedslacker said...

Yes. You are going to hell. So lets do what the General Authorities tell us and "find joy in the journey." Ha. Buy some Boondocks so we can watch it properly and make it worth our time.