Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break, without the Spring

It occured to me today, as I scraped the stubborn frost from off my windshield this morning, that this Spring Break seems a little light on the spring and still heavy on the winter. While most people on the Wasatch Front can see more grass than snow, it is the exact reverse in the Basin. But perhaps more sunshine would only distract me from the true meaning of Spring Break: catching up on the copious amounts of homework I have neglected. Then I will be able to procrastinate until the next holiday for homework--Easter.
One other thing has been on my mind as spring slowly aproaches and it is my greatest fear. Spiders. As soon as the tempurature gets just right, hundreds upon hundreds of these suckers are going to hatch from their eggs. Personally, I would have to say that I hate spiders more than Rush Limbaugh hates liberal, leftist hippies. I still can't stand to watch more than ten minuites of "Arachnaphobia". Most of this animosity stems from the fact that spider venom, while harmless to most things, makes me swell up like Al Gore's ego. I guess with enough spider venom in me, I could probably look very similar to the Thing (with great power comes great responsibility) or maybe I would look more like Sloth from "The Goonies". Either way it's some bad juice. And it wouldn't be so bad except that the basement of my house is dark, cool, and where they like to live. Unfortunatly, it's also where I like to get most of my sleeping done.
Eh, this rant has gone on long enough. It's time for me to read some Kirby before I have to go to work. Later.

3 comments:

Shane said...

I think you need 2 things... more Xbox and golf. So grab your Xbox come out and we will play and go golfing... go thinkin eh?

stewedslacker said...

am i to understand that shane uses his x-box for golfing? wierd. thats an expensive pitching wedge. spiders don't bother me, homework does.

Unknown said...

You know what you need, joe? Because I hail from Idaho, where the notorious HOBO spider resides. (Warning, if you google this spider, you will see the most disgusting, horrifying spider known to man) I hate spiders, and I used to make my mom by me spider traps, which are these sticky things that spiders walk on and then get stuck and die. You need them.